Burt's Bees Deodorant for Men


On the heels of my experience with the Herban Cowboy Deodorant, which was my first foray into cruelty-free deodorant, I was a little bit wary. I liked the Herban Cowboy, but it did aggravate the skin around my armpits. So, I was curious to see how my skin would react to a different brand of deodorant. Next up was Burt's Bees Deodorant for Men

My experience with Burt's Bees products has been a bit less-than-stellar, so I was hoping that this might be the one to turn the tide. It has a nice woodsy sort of smell, which was a good masculine scent. The texture is a bit sticky, almost. It didn't flake off or leave residue, but it certainly didn't feel like it was going on smooth. I don't know if it was the beeswax that produced this texture but it wasn't what I was expecting, and I can't say I'm really a fan. Once it's on, however, it doesn't feel sticky at all, so it's really only an issue during application.

As for the most important factor, which is its effectiveness as a long-lasting deodorant, I was very pleased with the results. My pits smelled nice all day, so job well done there. I did notice that, on Amazon.com, some reviewers complain that it didn't offer lasting odor protection, which was not my experience at all. My guess is that depending on a person's individual body chemistry, they may experience different results. Because it definitely did the trick for me.

As an added bonus, I had absolutely none of the skin irritation issues that I experienced with the Herban Cowboy deodorant, which was a huge relief. I don't yet have enough information to know why I was experiencing it with one and not the other, but I'd like to figure that out. All things considered, I'm glad to say that I am pleased with the Burt's Bees deodorant for men. Other than the stickiness issue, it performed very well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Mitchell

Cruelty Free Products for Sensitive Skin

A Cruelty-Free Body Wash for Men