Paul Mitchell



Having reviewed a number of products that I've found at stores like Whole Foods where all of the products are cruelty-free, I've unfortunately overlooked products that you aren't going to find at a grocery store. And there is one particularly glaring example because it is a fairly iconic brand, at least in the hair care industry. And that brand is Paul Mitchell. What's particularly impressive to me about Paul Mitchell is that they never tested on animals, refusing to engage in such practices long before it was an issue that became elevated in the public consciousness. According to their website, "In 1980, we became the first professional beauty company to publicly stand up against animal testing. Now, nearly 35 years later, that pledge to our furry friends remains a driving force in all that we do. Just last year, Paul Mitchell® Co-founder John Paul DeJoria made the decision to stop selling our products in China when animal testing became a mandate, reaffirming our steadfast commitment to being cruelty-free."

Because Paul Mitchell products are found primarily at salons, I rarely have occasion to purchase them, since I tend to pick up my shampoo while doing my grocery shopping. However, every time I've used anything by Paul Mitchell, I've loved it. I haven't tried many of their products, but the ones I have used in the past, I can't recommend them highly enough.

My favorite product of theirs is the Awapuhi Shampoo. The smell is amazing, like a tropical vacation. It leaves my hair feeling so clean and, did I mention the smell? I wish I had a bottle of this again. I miss it.

Years ago, I had a friend who only used Paul Mitchell Shampoo One, and it was pretty incredible too. I'd find myself coming up with excuses to use her shower just so I could use that shampoo. Is that bad? If it is, I don't care. It was worth it.

The only other Paul Mitchell product that I've used is from their Tea Tree line. I picked it up when I got a haircut and they were using it there. It was the Tea Tree Shaping Cream. As with all Paul Mitchell products that I've tried, it smelled great. But one thing that I've found with many shaping creams is that they can either be weak and not maintain their hold for very long or, even worse, is that they can leave your hair feeling stiff and crunchy. This one had a good strong hold but kept my hair feeling soft and not stiff.

I know this post is a bit of a departure from my previous posts where I only reviewed a single product, but Paul Mitchell as a brand deserves to be called out for their commitment to excellent, cruelty-free products for all these years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cruelty Free Products for Sensitive Skin

A Cruelty-Free Body Wash for Men