A Cruelty-Free Body Wash for Men

I'm always excited to see new personal care products for men, and darn near ecstatic when I find one that isn't tested on animals. So, you can imagine my enthusiasm when I came across a new cruelty-free body wash for men, Every Man Jack. Not that I mind the other body washes I've tried, as they aren't necessarily for women only, though I wouldn't describe the scents as all that manly. And many of the scents, as I've described in previous posts, I really enjoy, however feminine they may be. So, I smell like a Midnight Tuberose. So what?! A guy can't small all flowery and sweet? But I digress.

There is something nice about being catered to, as a guy, when it comes to things like body washes. Other than this new one, the only other cruelty-free company that I can think of that had a men's personal care product line was the Body Shop. And it's not very convenient to find a Body Shop store whenever I need new shampoo, shaving cream or body wash. So, good for Every Man Jack to find what I hope is a large, untapped market. I say 'I hope' because I'd really like to think that there are lots of other men out there who prefer to buy products that aren't tested on animals. Plus, aside from that, most of these products also use natural ingredients, rather than these overly perfumed, chemically saturated products that you typically find in grocery stores. So, I've found that, in most cases, I like the natural, cruelty-free products far better than the products from companies that do test on animals, and that's without taking into account the ethical and environmental factors.

Every Man Jack has a few choices in their body wash line: Cedarwood, Citrus Scrub, and Signature Mint. I opted for the Cedarwood this time, because what's more manly than smelling like lumber? However, the smell is not at all lumber-like, but rather somewhat musky in a good way. Though I wouldn't necessarily equate the smell with cedar, it is not at all unpleasant. In fact, I like it a lot. And unlike the JASON body wash that I've tried, I'm well over halfway through the bottle and enjoy it just as much each day as I did on the first.

I read a review on Amazon that the reviewer felt like it wasn't getting him as clean as other body washes, that he still felt that he had oily residue left on his skin after using it. I don't feel that's the case at all. I feel completely clean and smelling good. In fact, if I had to register any complaint at all with the Every Man Jack body wash, it would be that the bottle itself just seems kind of cheap. And I can't really explain why. I'm not sure if it's the color, which is a grayish-brown, or the fake wood cap. But I remember seeing it in the store and almost dismissing it because it didn't look like it would be body wash. The first thing that came to mind when I saw it was those old Hartz dog shampoo bottles (they've since changed their packaging). But this is obviously a small and insignificant complaint for what is really a great product. It smells good, keeps me clean and, best of all, it's inexpensive at just $6.99 (on Amazon) for a 17oz. bottle.

If you're a man, or a woman shopping for the man in your life, I would highly recommend Every Man Jack's body wash.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Mitchell

Cruelty Free Products for Sensitive Skin